Come-on HCL...grow up!!

Posted on Thursday, May 20, 2010 by Anuj Mehta

Today I was uploading resume of one of my known person on HCL BPO career site. There were 2-3 pages where I need to enter the detailed information about the candidate. At the end of filling all the information this is what I got

System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
at System.Convert.ToInt32(String value)
at User_ExperienceDetails.btnNext_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\web sites\Iassist Beta\CARE\User\ExperienceDetails.aspx.cs:line 1022




WTF it is!! Guys where is the usability?? The information that I can get from this error is
1. Code running behind this application sucks! There is poor exception handling.
2. The code is in .Net (I am a Java guy hence don't know the finer details)
3. The string that I have input is in wrong format


Obviously instead of showing this error (its backtrace of an exception) user should be shown a meaningful error message and it should be pointed to the text field where the wrong data is entered.

0 Responses to "Come-on HCL...grow up!!":